Friday, January 22

5/365


5/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

I started off my morning the right way today. It's been awhile, but I was happy to jump back into reading Isaiah. Coffee and the Bible are the most perfect pairing. Forget biscotti or breakfast sandwiches, Starbucks should give out a Bible verse o' the day with their mochas. Right?

........

I totally didn't mean to go there. I meant to go here: a quick story about fountains. I can't remember if it started out as a dream or a vision, but for a few long years now, I've had this picture of a fountain in my head. The closest thing I can describe it to is an old, constantly-flowing, stone thing of beauty right smack in the middle of Rivendell, where the elves in the Lord of the Rings lived (or live?). And also, I'm always there, sitting on the edge. And also, God is always there. And also, everything is beautiful and perfect. I like to go there in my head and rest. If I could imagine heaven, that would be it.

This morning I came across a mention of the waters of Shiloah in Isaiah 8:6. My Bible is an amplified version and it described the waters of Shiloah like this: "The only perennial fountain of Jerusalem, and symbolic of God's protection and sustaining power."

And now. I know. After all these years. What that fountain in my head means. Every time the Lord reminds me of it, He is reminding me of His protection and sustaining power.

I researched (Googled) the waters of Shiloah and found that when Jesus healed the blind man in John 9, he told him to wash in the Pool of Siloam (also known as, the waters of Shiloah). He went and washed and came back seeing.

I just really love that.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I might comment everyday. I really like this blog though. Especially this entry! That's such an awesome image to have brought to your mind. I'm excited for you. Also, there's a typo. Find it.

Post a Comment