Sunday, October 3

257/365


257/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Back in August I was told to ask Monje what she wanted to be when she grew up. Her answer? A superhero.

Lo and behold...this morning I wake up to Monje strutting around in a cape made from a baby blanket, a belt, and some awesome hair. She's serious about this. I think I'd trust her with my life after a few years of training. Who's going to tell her no?

Today was marathon church day for Amy and I. We visited Nairobi Lighthouse Church to see the kids of KKV give a presentation. They were awesome! It was a little tough to sit through a 3-hour service in the heat, but the kids did great. We rode over to Java for lunch, ate quickly, then hopped on a bus to Destiny Church by 4:00. It was a pretty awesome service and I'm feeling great now - in jeans and a t-shirt, and someone else is cooking dinner. The great thing about staying at the Chola's is the Swahli food. I say that now...we'll see how a month goes. But I like it more even than last year, so I think I'll be okay.

There is a chicken in the back waiting to be slaughtered for us. I passed it on the way in and it flapped at me. There's really nothing else to say about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I think I had that exact blanket with my kids, Fischer Price, maybe? Great imagination...

Monica

Anonymous said...

Oh my how I love following your blog and this pic! Oh my....this pic! :) P.S. This is your Aunt Amber

Post a Comment