Saturday, August 7

199/365


199/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

The first game drive on safari we saw two 4-month-old cubs with their mother. I love this picture! I look at my mom this way. So much love and affection! Or maybe he's just hungry.

Safari was dirtier and longer than the ones I've been on in the past. We saw some amazing things and some really gross things...i.e. dead wildebeest and maggots. I don't know why I just told you that! I wanted to forget all about that!!! Yuck.

We stayed on a river bank where 200 hippos lived. There was only electricity a few hours a day and at night you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Makes you a little uneasy when there are 3 crocodiles living right outside your door. Literally.

I am so dirty right now. There is a layer of dirt covering my entire body. A six hour drive through the Mara will do that to you.

Anyway, now we are back in Nairobi and walked down to Java for late lunch/early dinner. Hopefully when we get back there will be enough hot water for 8 people to shower. There won't be. But...hopefully.

Please leave me comments or e-mail me even if you don't regularly! I love reading what you creepers have to say. It keeps me from getting homesick.

Hope to get a better connection and post more pictures soon!

6 comments:

Tricia Gilchrist said...

This is an amazing picture! Can we print it out and frame it and put it into my house? I love it a lot.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as Tricia, I promise! That lion doesn't look scary at all in this picture.
Mom

rachwhite said...

yea, grab one of those 4 month olds, they can play with gracey!

Anonymous said...

I'll take that pic in an 8 x 10 please. That can be your next fundraiser for your next trip!
Judy

Anonymous said...

Maggots on the Mara sounds like a great book! I know that drive back sucks but it's better than the drive to Weatherford. Just an amazing pic, I wish I could have been ther to watch you take it. Love and miss you, Dad

Andrew Fish said...

That picture is Great Britt! Miss ya!

Post a Comment