Sunday, August 15

203/365


203/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

On Sunday night we were eating dinner when my uncle, Chris, said, "Okay. I need four people to talk on a radio show tomorrow morning." And yeah, I was definitely up for that. I had no idea what I was getting in to, but bring it on!

So Ashley, LaQueeta, me and Amy got up super early and found ourselves sitting in the studio of 93.3 Hope FM. The DJ is a pastor at the church we are visiting and he said when he saw us walk in he knew exactly what he was going to do on his show Monday morning.

He asked us questions about what Christianity is like in America and if Africans struggle with the same things. We spoke about what our mission was and if it's true there are now dowries in the states! Our main message that we wanted to convey was that America will not solve your problems - your problems follow you! We talked about how body image is such an issue in the states and isn't really here (in fact, I had someone tell me I was too skinny to get married here), and we shared about the Count Me In camp.

After it was all finished I asked how many listeners he averaged and he said....1.5 to 2 million. All over Africa. And on satellite (sorry, dad, you could have listened!). Our mouths dropped. We just had a HUGE stage to share our faith and I have to say, we did a pretty great job. None of us were nervous, we opened our mouths and the Holy Spirit filled it.

We should be getting a recording sometime so let me know if you want to hear it!

3 comments:

Kristen Brooke Courtney Cofer said...

yes I def wanna hear the recording =)

Anonymous said...

I do, I do!!!!! You are making me cry, and am hanging on every word. love, your proud Dad.

Anonymous said...

Comment of the day....NOPE! ~ LaQuetta :)

Post a Comment