Sunday, August 15

206/365


206/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

This is Grace.

I had the privilege of praying for Grace on Wednesday night. The message was on forgiveness and she told me through tears that she wanted to forgive her mom. She help on to me as I prayed for her and she probably would have stayed there for a long time if there wasn't a line of people waiting for prayer behind her.

On Thursday night I was able to share part of my testimony with the camp. It was our last session and it was very emotional - so happy, so sad. After I spoke, many girls asked to speak with me in private. Many wanted prayer, some offered me encouragement. And Grace came to me in the middle of a crowd and asked me what to do if you are abused by a parent.

I didn't realize until we were safe inside of our green room with some adults who might be able to help that she was the 13-year-old girl I'd prayed for the prior evening. I knew what courage it took for her to come and ask for help because she is scared of her mother.

We discovered that Grace goes to a female boarding school but takes her holidays at home with her mother. She has no address and phone calls are all monitored by her mom. She does not trust a pastor in her city to help her. I don't know if thankfully is the right word, but...thankfully...at this point it is mostly verbal abuse. I am happy she is not being beat, but I know that it is still a big deal. She's scared of her mom and there isn't much we can do.

So the plan is to write letters to her school! She gave us her school address and I cannot wait to send her encouraging letters and to keep in touch with her for a long time. Mostly, I can't wait to send her this picture. Isn't she beautiful?

Last night I was saying my nightly prayers and I started off, "God, thank you for your grace." And I realized he was reminding me to pray for her. So I said, "God, thank you for your Grace."

Please pray for her and if you'd like to send her letters I am happy to pass along her address. School resumes September 9th!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll remember to pray for Grace and I would love to write her a letter sometime.
Mom

Post a Comment