Friday, August 27

221/365


221/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

This picture is blurry and orange but I think it's funny.

One of these couples is not like the other...

Today we went to the South Coast again and I got a straight up beating from the Indian Ocean. The waves were huge and I was slammed over and over again. It was so awesome. I also rode a camel. That was pretty cool but uncomfortable. I also accidentally made a move on our waiter. By the end of the day he told me he was going to give me a ring.

Important lessons: American sarcasm is not equal to Kenyan sarcasm. In fact, Kenyan sarcasm might not even exist.

A few other interesting things that happened today: a guy tried to sell us drugs, two Jamaican guys wouldn't leave us alone until we swam away at which point they noted "eehh, de water got cold, mahn," a Kenyan guy talked to us for an entire 15 minutes while doing something completely inappropriate that I had to pretend was not happening while Amy and I tried to explain to him what a promise ring means.

Oh...to be a white American girl on the coast.

2 comments:

rachwhite said...

You both look extra skinny in this picture! Will you bring some of that ocean back?

Brittany White said...

Rach, it's a trick of the light.

Post a Comment