Sunday, August 15

204/365


204/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

ART! Monday was the first day of camp, but Tuesday is when we really started. Monday we registered and had an evening service. That service was actually the only time I sang with the worship team. I led the campers in "I Am Free" which was a HUGE hit last year. It was so fun because when the words came up on the screen everyone started cheering. But as soon as I got off stage, my throat was throbbing. Unfortunately it wasn't just a fluke, it was a full on cold that threatened to keep me down and out during the whole camp. Ugh.

So Tuesday morning I took it easy until our breakout sessions started. I led a session with Amy and her sister, Lisa, on art and worship. We called it "How To Change the World Through Art". Basically we each shared a bit on the kind of art we do (music for me) and how God has used it for His Kingdom. I shared a revolution that God gave me a few months ago about His imagination. I was just thinking of all of the beautiful things He's created, all of the things that take my breath away. It's one of the reasons I enjoy travel so much - to see everything that He imagined from nothing! I was just thinking about His imagination and He stopped me and told me that of all of the things He's created, I am the ultimate fulfillment of His imagination. His masterpiece, you could say. It was really fun to share that with the campers and then to talk about music and writing.

For the last half of our session I got up on the piano and sang some worship songs and just played whatever I felt while the kids wrote declarations over themselves and painted. They are amazing! They're art was so inspiring and INSPIRED. This is just a brief glimpse. I had one girl write an entire poem about failure and trying again that she gave to me.

In a place where art class doesn't exist, we are so happy to have come with these supplies and let the kids just go wild.

0 comments:

Post a Comment