Sunday, August 15

205/365


205/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

MORRIS!!!!!!!!!! You guys, I LOVE this kid. We all do. You just cannot help it. In a group of 600, he stands out.

Last year during registration we would carry the kids bags and show them to their rooms. It's where a lot of our relationships started. Well, Morris was the first person I registered and I literally picked him up and swung him around. Didn't think that he's 13 and not a child. But that's where we became friends! I was hoping against all hope that Morris would be back for camp this year.

Weeeelll.....I was standing at the crazy, insane, stressful registration table, focused only on things happening within two feet of me. For some reason I looked up and there he was, way across the center, looking right at me. He smiled so big and I just freaked out and ran straight to him. Last year it was so difficult when the kids asked if we'd be back and we didn't have a definitive answer. So to see him, to show him that we cared enough and that God provided for us to come back...it was such a highlight. This boy and his smile alone changed my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love this! That is so awesome!! I felt the same way with alot of campers I had at camp last summer and was so extremely excited to see that they returned this summer. But in Africa that's a whole different ball game! This made me so happy, I'm so glad you're blogging about all of this! Keep livin' the Jesus dream!
-xtine

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute picture! I bet he was so glad to see you.
Mom

Post a Comment