Sunday, August 15

207/365


207/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

The team was set to leave late Friday night. So we spent the day at Yaya where there's a Masai Market, a food court, shopping, and a spa! Pretty much, it's where all the tourists, business people, and aristocrats go. My uncle was trying to convince me to get a massage but a combination of a bad experience last year and envisioning myself spraying snot all over the table as soon as I laid down led me to the pedicure station.

I wasn't in the mood for shopping as my head was throbbing and I couldn't hear well. And I was out of breath every time I walked. I had decided not to waste any energy on Thursday, our last day of camp. Even though I was sick. I felt the repercussions.

The lady that did my pedicure was named Mercy. I REALLY enjoyed talking to her. She has been working at the spa for 6 years and likes her job because she meets new people every day. She said some of them don't talk. So I kept the conversation going. She actually remembered our team from last year. We talked about travel and our faith and body image. She's the one that told me if I were to get married here, my fiance's parents would tell me I'm too skinny. She actually said, "big is beautiful" because it's true here!

Everyone left after dinner and I was pretty sad. My uncle Chris is so amazing and I'm going to miss having him here to lead us. And our team was so fun, so encouraging, so...loud! I decided not to go to the airport because I was feeling so sickly. Instead, I stayed home and admired my feet.

1 comments:

Grayson Holland said...

hahahaha. ah, memories. our spa trip was something special to say the least.

Post a Comment