Saturday, March 13

55/365


55/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

I woke up this morning and decided to buy a bike. And it was a good day.

DSCF4939
First, dad re-taught me how to ride it.

DSCF4933
I can do it!

Look at my bike. It's a pink cruiser. It's so dang cute and I don't even care.

We acquired a few other bikes, made a quick lunch, and piled into the truck. A few miles away is a park with some trails that we used to frequent on Sundays many years ago. I have some great memories of that place. Family and friends from church would bring food, rollerblades and bikes. A lot of the trails run by Trinity River and I liked to think that Tom Sawyer was down there somewhere.

Needless to say, it was a literal trip down memory lane. Sorta. Can that be literal?

DSCF4948
I mean, we were excited.

DSCF4947
And we were cute.

DSCF4951
Five miles down, five to go. Feeling good.

DSCF4952
My sister, the road demon.

DSCF4957
Oh, the beautiful Trinity River.

55/365 DSCF4966
I'm excited for when things start to bloom!

DSCF4980 DSCF4981
Sandwiches and fruit taste so good after riding 10 miles! AND it was kite day! So we watched a bunch of kids fall down and fly kites and stuff.

DSCF4983 DSCF4987
Then my parents took the wheels.

DSCF4988
She's cute.

DSCF4995
So's he.

DSCF5000
Taking a break, enjoying the green river.

DSCF5007
And we ran into each other! Lauren and I were walking/running/skipping/lunging and stuff.

DSCF5009
We made some friends across the river. They had four wheelers and go carts and beards.

DSCF5014
And then we ran/rode back to pack up.

DSCF5021
And Rachel took this reeeally cool picture.

DSCF5023
While Lauren and I were kicking our own butts.

DSCF5026
So maybe I'm exaggerating a little in this photo...

DSCF5025
But you can rest assured, Lauren is no actress.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to go on a bike riding adventure with the Whites! Or we can rollerblade. You pick.
-Xtine

Post a Comment