Wednesday, March 31

73/365




















I love sneakers with no socks*. My feet don't smell. I'm blessed like that.

I also love walking to the park and drinking tea and eating ice cream. And sudden gusts of wind in the springtime. I'm soaking it all up because spring lasts about a week in Texas. I broke a sweat today during a brisk walk so...the end is near.

I don't love dirty kitchens. Or gossip.

I do love Jane Austen novels.

And I love the market at Union Square. And book stores.

I love bread and chocolate and cheese and wine and coffee.

I believed Peter Pan was real for a long time. Alas, "All children grow up except one."

I still love Peter Pan.

I love the word "gumption". Every time I hear it I think, "I want somma that."

I want to see a blue whale so bad.

I wonder what it'd be like to be short.

I wonder why I don't like tomatoes.

Oh! Speaking of vegetables, my dad tilled for our garden tonight while I was out. I can't wait to live off the land.

I love the land.

One day I will go into the land.

Ahhhh...alright. That's enough.

*Apparently on first round I wrote: "I love wearing sneakers with no shoes." My ever present mistake-pointer-outer sister** texted me about it, so I changed it. But I thought I'd go full disclosure here. Cause that's pretty funny.

**I mean that in a good way. Foot note in a foot note!

2 comments:

The Never Fairy said...

Hooray for Peter Pan!
You can read more of his adventures (based on Barrie's own idea) here!

BELIEVE!

sarah kim said...

OMGOSH. NOT WEARING ANY SOCKS for this first time this Spring today as well my love!!!

Post a Comment