Friday, March 19

61/365


61/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

I love my sister, Lauren, because she got to have a really great best friend.

Tricia is so full of spunk it's ridiculous and she's got all this zeal and humor and she's just dang cute and she's such a lover. I would say she's fearless, but she was a little scared walking around Austin after dark. Besides that, pretty fearless.

She's leaving Texas tomorrow to live with her husband who is stationed near San Diego. It's so strange and interesting to watch someone else move across the United States. I know everything she feels, but all the stuff I'm feeling? All new. Mom started crying earlier and it reminded me of the number one thing that I do not miss and that's saying goodbye.

BUT, I'm so happy I did.

Trish, sometimes it's so good for you to just say goodbye. Really, it's see you later. I'm so proud of you and excited for you and Scott and I can't wait to road trip to your doorstep and let you show me (and whichever crew comes) all around Cali and then make us some tea. I know you can do it. You'll make the best pot of tea I'll ever taste.

How cheesy is this going to be and I can't even believe I'm gonna say it, but California will be even SUNNIER with you in it!!

I love you. Thanks for shredding with me and Rachel. Don't forget how to make hummus. Call me when you don't know which kind of tomato/meat/flour/kettle/etc. to buy.

And my dad is pumped to make you chocolate chip pancakes tomorrow morning so come hungry!

To everyone else, if you don't yet, you'll definitely want to follow Tricia's blog once she gets to California: Gilchrist Get Down

1 comments:

Tricia Gilchrist said...

I never commented to say how much I loved this post. I really do love it. Thanks from the Gilchrist's!

Post a Comment