Sunday, March 28

70/365


70/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

I was hoping I'd be able to show some restraint and not blog about this/finish this project until tomorrow when I could get a nice photo in the sunlight rather than with my harsh flash.

But, man, I just couldn't do it. Self-control. It's a fruit I sometimes lack. And the only other photo I have to show for today is of the Statue of Liberty riding a motorcycle through a wall and carrying a humungo burrito. Who needs to see that?!

So yes, lack of self control. ESPECIALLY with this particular project. Somehow, I came across this blog called Little Miss Momma (I do NOT know how - really, can't remember - I'm more of a Big Miss Single girl) and she has all these tutorials and I just saw this one and I reeeeally really wanted to do it. So I went to Michael's one day and checked out the painting supplies. I held them in my hands. I put them down. I picked them back up. I walked around a little bit. Then I put them back down.

I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. Goodbye, paint supplies. Hello, self control. Nice to see you now and again! I'd appreciate if you'd appear more often on my chocolate indulging days, but I'll take it.

Yeah that lasted a DAY. Next thing I know I'm driving back to Michael's. I had thirty minutes - I'd go in and out without time to think about what I was really doing. And then I realized I didn't have thirty minutes. I had zero minutes. I was late to my next appointment.

That doesn't happen to me often. This painting thing seriously had a hold on me.

But I decided to give up until the next day when I casually mentioned it to my mom and asked about her education discount she gets at Jo-Ann's. I didn't even know if Jo-Ann's carried paint supplies. I figured if they didn't, I'd REALLY give up this time. Even though canvases were 40% at Michaels. EVEN THOUGH!

Guess what. Jo-Ann's DOES have paint supplies. And guess what else? They're canvases were 40% off TOO! AND GUESS WHAT ELSE MY MOM GETS A 20% DISCOUNT BECAUSE SHE TEACHES KIDS HOW TO BE MOMS AND COOK AND SEW AND STUFF!!!!!

I just had some chocolate. I'm so sorry. Let's just move on to the pictures.

DSCF5530
STEP ONE: Paint the canvas a color. Yeah yeah! Gracey likes to get high off the fumes. She and I had a nice jaunt through some fields of spaghetti noodles and shared some pistachio ice cream seconds after I grabbed this shot.

Can you tell the kind of weather we've been having by the shoes strewn all over my floor? All kinds of weather. That's the answer.

DSCF5534
STEP ONE: Paint the canvas a color (in case you were distracted last time).

DSCF5535
STEP TWO AND/OR THREE: Paint some stencils with some stencil paint that's super thick.

STEP THREE AND A HALF: Musical interlude.

"You know, grey's my favorite color
I felt so symbolic yesterday
Pass me a bottle, Mr. Jones..."
-Counting Crows (those are the words, right?)

70/365
STEP FOUR: Be finished before you know it.

I'm figuring how/where I'm going to hang this thing. I think you'll like it more once it's on the wall next to some new Ikea frames I got!

So now I think I'm going to get some tea and calm down a little bit and you can feel free to read the REAL tutorial (and a few more tempting projects) by the much more stable Little Miss Momma right here. Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

make me one! I really like the grey.

ashley @ little miss momma said...

Great job and I love that you used grey!! Thx for the link back and way to be crafty!

ashley
http://littlemissmomma.blogspot.com

Post a Comment