Wednesday, March 3

45/365


DSCF4728, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Oh, this poor baby. Look at her eyes. She's terrified, and for good reason.

I love this freakin' dog. I've said it before. I'll say it again. Gracey is the most cuddly creature I've ever met and everyone loves her. Even my mom. My mom thinks dogs are scum. But I know she's had a few moments with Grace Face.

I think you guys like her too, because her face was the favorite picture of February. Well. I mean, it was tied with my face. But I made an executive decision.

Anyway, cuddly dogs are great. But cuddly smelly dogs are NOT GREAT. And my problem is, I don't care if she smells, so I just get over it and I just let her stay where she is, which is either on my feet, on my stomach, or on my head if she's really desperate for attention.

So today I decided it was time to give her bath. I had a marathon work-out time. It was serious Biggest Loser day because I did a Jillian Michaels work out, then ran a 5K, then went to Subway. Marketing is working on me. After getting all pumped up, I was ready to conquer the beast.

DSCF4723
The hardest part is getting her in the bathroom. She loves treats, but when I tried to close the door once she was inside with the treat she LEFT THE TREAT. Who leaves treats to avoid showers?!

Okay. All honesty. I can relate. A little. But I AM going to shower today.

I won't be documenting that, though.

DSCF4725
Treat.

DSCF4727
TRAPPED.

DSCF4728
"Who are you? Don't you love me?"

Yeah I do. But I'm tired of smelling like dog pee.

DSCF4729
This is after I picked her up and plucked her down. Second hardest part.

DSCF4730
Tiny little wet baby freak!

DSCF4731
Today is not going to win any photography awards. I know that.

DSCF4734
Hey! Rachel came home! Here we are. I'm just as dirty as her. And I'm trying out side ponytails. I don't think she appreciated posing during the most traumatic event of her life. Besides being probably beat by her previous owners and impregnated by a street dog!

DSCF4742
We finally finished. She went absolutely crazy.

Did you know wet dogs don't smell very good even when they are clean?

DSCF4743
My dog is already a freak. But when you bathe her...

DSCF4741
She turns into the biggest freakin' freak you've ever seen. Do yourself a favor and scroll back up to that first photo.

Honestly a little hard to decide if I prefer pre-bathed Gracey to post-bathed Gracey. Pee smell or freak? Such a tough call.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you used the word "freak" 6 times. you must've done that on purpose.

Brittany White said...

not really. freak's a freak.

Post a Comment