Friday, March 12

54/365

54/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

"Hey Emmalynn, why are you making that face?"

"You wanted to see my shirt so I was moving my chin out of the way."

Here is Emmalynn. She became a big sister a few hours ago.

DSCF4913
And this is my cousin, Jarrod. He's also Emmalynn's dad. And he's also Knox Willjo Dean's dad!

[Pretend I have sweet access and posted a picture of Knox here.]

Welcome to the world, Knox! He got here about 6:00 PM, coming in at 8.2 lbs and 19.5 inches long. That's a tiny baby for our family. I hear his mother said, "that was easy," but it's yet to be confirmed.

Here's a look at Knox's hospital posse:

DSCF4869
Aunt Jane and Great-Grandma Mimi

DSCF4870
Cousin Rachel (technically first cousin once removed, but I'm going to drop the technicalities from here on out)

DSCF4871
Appointed Cousin Tricia

DSCF4873
Cousin Lauren (and some bonding bros-in-law)

DSCF4875
Psycho freaks

DSCF4876
Aunt Mary Alice and Uncle Jay

DSCF4879
Uncle Doug

DSCF4882
Cousin Jesse

DSCF4883
Papa, who is always looking handsome no matter what kind of cancer tries and fails to attack his ear.

DSCF4884
Knox's honest to goodness uncles. Good luck with that.

DSCF4885
Aunt Chelsea

DSCF4891
Aunt Sarah

DSCF4895 DSCF4896
Heading down to take a peak at Knox.

DSCF4901
Nonnie (grandma!) explaining to us that Knox is busy getting some grub. From some jugs.

DSCF4903
"Yes, he's sucking just fine."
"Oh good!"

DSCF4910

Indeed.


DSCF4915

Some sound bytes from Emmalyn:

"He's this big. He doesn't have teeth yet. And he tried to say my name 'EEEHHH'"

DSCF4916

The hierarchy of Knox's visitors:

"Emmalyn first. Then the grandparents. Then the nobody's."

DSCF4917
She's so cute. But I really wanted to see her shirt...so I asked her...and you know what happened next.

54/365

DSCF4920
Meanwhile, in this weepy corner: the sisters-in-law. So sweet.

Knox was eating, so we figured we'd eat too.

DSCF4921 DSCF4922 DSCF4923


I was so happy Emmalynn showed up and she ever-so-willingly decided to join me in a photo shoot.

DSCF4925
I went for happy, she went for sassy, and the lady in the background went for indigestion.

Em called the shots:
DSCF4926
We were going for silly, but somehow it came out as hotties. We can't help it!!

DSCF4927
Happy big sisters.

DSCF4928
And of course...sassy. Girrrrrrrl.

Em then grabbed my camera and said, "I know how to use this camera and I am going to take a sassy picture of your face." I said okay and did my best to make a sassy face, only to have her slam down the camera, yell, "SASSY!" and then show me how it was done. I was so afraid yet so in awe so I did my best to please her, but you must trust me, it was truly frightening. I just did not get the sassy gene.

But sassiness doesn't last. As my grandpa said, children become angels when they sleep.

DSCF4930

Doesn't necessarily mean the uncle sitting next to you won't cease to be a devil.

DSCF4932

Congratulations to Jarrod, Susan, and big sis Emmalynn. It's a fun job, if I do say so myself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmalynn is hilarious!
-xtine

Post a Comment