Sunday, October 24

278/365


278/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Besides the fact that Amy is dealing with malaria, I had a pretty good day. Slept in, had some pancakes and eggs, watched some TV, and best of all, went to the gym. By myself. It was the first time in three months that I went anywhere by myself. There were a few guys at the gym but they left shortly after I got there and i had the whooooole place to myself. Granted, I only used the treadmill and the cycling machine, but it was awesome. That's the view from the treadmill up there. The African breeze coming in makes me feel like I can run for hours. I don't, but I'm sure I could.

After the gym I stopped by Java House for a cappuccino and had an interesting conversation with a waiter who, despite the crazy busy crowd, found the time to follow me around, ask how the gym was, if I was trying to drop weight, and tell me that I already have a good figure. So, I definitely could have given him the cold shoulder, but with all the endorphins flowing, and remembering how that would NEVER happen to me in America, I smiled and thanked him. And he made sure I got my cappuccino even though I'm pretty sure that wasn't his job.

IMG_1412
Walking home.

IMG_1414
Just me and my coffee :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment