Saturday, January 1

348/365


348/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

We always go to my grandparent's house on New Year's Day. My Mimi normally makes black eyed peas and we munch on whatever leftovers we have from the holidays. Today my aunt Mary Alice made chicken and dumplings and I had an indiscernible amount of servings. It hit the spot.

DSCF3443

My dad got to take his dad hunting today. Unfortunately, they didn't see much and it was cold. But as you can see by the walls behind him, my Papa has had his fair share of hunting adventures. He isn't exactly smiling in the picture I chose, but I like it because he was telling me about the first time he took my dad hunting. He was four-years-old, said he just followed him everywhere he went. I like that he can remember it. Must have been a cool moment, taking your first son hunting with you. He couldn't have known how much my dad would take to it.

DSCF3446
Good lookin' duo.

Meanwhile, we played games and snacked some more. I wore workout clothes but didn't put them to use. I think there's a cheese stain on my hoodie. Alas, tomorrow is a new day!

photo.JPG
Chris sent me this picture of me throwing his son in the air. Keane was laughing so hard that it got caught in his chest. I just LOVE playing with that boy. I mean, we all do. He was the only other cousin there today, so we had to stick together. He keeps us entertained, that's for sure.

Oh my goodness, it's January. My blog ends this month. Maybe something cool will happen in the next 18 days, like a series finale. Things will get really exciting and you'll be at the edge of your seat! Maybe I'll get a movie offer for my life story, or maybe I'll get a job in France, or maybe I'll receive some mysterious flowers (with a note that I shouldn't trust anyone around me because they've all been planted in my life from day one), or maybe I'll just try to meet someone and fall in love real fast.

My promise to you: the most exciting thing to happen in the next 18 days will NOT be me finishing the scarf that I'm knitting.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The camo almost hides my big tummy. That man never once thought twice about taking me hunting with him. I am so proud to be his son. Hunting has always been a passion of mine because of how it brings people together in Gods great landscape. I will forever be thankful for his selflessness to put his sons in front of himself. It is a lesson i hope to pass on to you girls, still trying. Thanks for these pictures that i treasure. Your blog is the best!

Post a Comment