Monday, January 17

364/365


364/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

I kept hearing about The Hunger Games trilogy while I was in Africa. My old roommate, Kate, called it an addiction and I knew I could trust her book advice. I wanted to buy it, but they didn't have it over there. I wanted to buy the e-book, but it wasn't available on my ipod.

I finally bought the first book to read on the plane to New York last month. And despite being pretty busy most of the time I was there, I managed to finish it a few days before I came home. I left it for Ryan, figuring he'd like it and I needed to pass on my addiction.

Once I got back home, more broke than ever, I couldn't justify buying book two. It was hard at first, but I got over it. The libraries all had it out or on hold. Sometimes I picked it up at Target, but I always put it back down.

Meanwhile, Ryan read The Hunger Games and once he finished it, he must have understood my need because he sent me the second book for my birthday. I'm suspicious and think he might have read it first, but that's okay. I don't blame him. Addiction, remember?

The problem with these books is that there is no stopping point. And that's why I took the longest bath in my history today. I didn't even want to be in the bath anymore but I couldn't put the thing down.

Now I feel like I need to read the third one before I life can go on! Time must stop!

Not gonna happen, though. I have to turn 26 tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment