Tuesday, November 2

287/365


287/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Three hours waiting in Nairobi airport...eh, Java coffee and a deck of cards kept us busy.

Used the toilet there for the last time, praise God!

Eight hours from Nairobi to London...mean old Brit man sitting behind my pushed my chair back into the upright position all by himself, without asking me or anything! I tried to kill him with kindness but he wouldn't open his eyes to talk to me.

I slept about five hours in a row.

Six hour layover in London. Confused. 8AM - 2PM Nairobi time. 5AM - 11AM London time. 12AM - 5AM Fort Worth time. To which do I abide?

I opted for Nairobi time and had yogurt and a latte from Pret (I love). Also oogled at the Starbucks nearby and the "red cup coming soon" sign. Saw many girls wearing boots and outfits that actually looked thought out. Smelled many different colognes. Met a smiling cashier who understood my accent. Watched Runaway Bride on my laptop. Besides that last, things were noticeably changing. And, I mean, I guess the obvious thing would be London Heathrow Terminal 5 - where the first thing you see after security is Harrod's.

Maybe would have been interesting to have pictures, just realized. The only picture I took was of twin African babies sleeping in their car seats on top of the tray tables on the flight. That was so weird.

Mmmmk where am I? What's happening?

Oh, right. Eight hour flight from London to Dallas. Actually, no, I was mistaken by my counting skills. Didn't realize this until my knees and neck ached beyond compare. TEN hour flight. Those two hours, believe me. They make a difference.

Didn't hardly sleep. Ate airplane food. FROZE. Lady behind me massaged my back through the chair, or something equally as strange. Air sucked all moisture from my tonsels.

And then, we landed! Almost. Almost landed, then went straight back up. What a tease, captain.

We landed 25 minutes late. And we were so close!

So then, customs. Tried to make the officer smile! Eh. Then, baggage. Then, some other guy who didn't know Nairobi was a major city. Then, another cop.

Then...through the doors...screams! Reunions! Reception! Mom and Dad found out I pierced my nose 3 weeks ago!

And finally, burritos. Shelbye and Andrew came to the airport. I love them.

And finally after that, the mall to find a new non-shady nose ring.

And another finally, Gracey!! Also ate Halloween candy and drank skim milk. Marveled at the hummus, Greek yogurt, and pumpkin waffles in the fridge. My room is comparatively huge. My things are so clean. Internet is unlimited. My family and friends are amazing and sent me texts, emailed me, called me...sometimes multiple times (sorry about that).

I have a burrito baby inside me.

And I only have one more thing to say...

America?

God done shed His grace on thee!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment