Saturday, November 13

298/365


298/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Next week me, Rachel, mom and dad are going to see the next Harry Potter movie. Yeah, we are fans. All of us. And Lauren is almost there.

We decided to completely dork it up and watch the six movies leading up (because, yes, I own them). To kick things off I finally made Butterbeer! I've been wanting to make it for so long. Every time I read it in the books it's like I can taste it. In my imagination it was hot and very similar to my grandmother's hot buttered lemonade. This recipe is apparently the one they use at the theme park and it's cold. And it's RICH. None of us could drink an entire glass - and that's with 2 tablespoons less butter and diet cream soda. Because I'm a "healthy cook". Psshhhhh.

It's like butterscotch in a glass. It's really good. You should try it.

Today was a great Saturday, by the way. I finished my house/dog sitting duties and went to Target, JoAnn Fabrics (knitting season), Panera for coffee, and back to Target with my mom. She's, like, the best. She made these hot sandwiches for dinner with whole grain Panera bread, chicken, pesto, and provolone. Yesterday Rachel and I made homemade whole wheat blackberry pop tarts and today I used the rest of the dough to make some with cinnamon chocolate filing, chocolate almond butter filling, and good 'ole brown sugar filling. That recipe is here in case you're curious.

I am totally making up for lost time food-wise.

Cheers!

IMG_2467

0 comments:

Post a Comment