Wednesday, November 17

302/365


302/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Why am I posting this picture today? Well...

DSCF2726
It's a little bit clearer than this one.

DSCF2725
And this one.

And...

DSCF2724

DSCF2723

DSCF2722

DSCF2721

DSCF2720
...these ones.

I love my mother. But when I hand her a camera, say, "It doesn't have to be good," and she says, "You're setting me up to fail," I think I need to re-evaluate.

Okay but I seriously LOVE my mother. And I love her pictures, too. Thanks for taking these, mom!!

Tonight I continued my path of trying to figure out what just happened these last three months. I was asked to speak at FUSE, the youth group at our church. Before Africa, I had to write everything down when I had to speak in front of people. I'd plan a million things to say and be finished in 10 minutes. But tonight I could have talked for two hours with much less psycho-planning. It was really fun to talk to a room full of kids, teens, and some adults about the story of my life so far. Missions is a lot about what you do when you're there. That's obvious. But it is just as much about the story and the testimony. I feel the (happy) burden to share it and I am so thankful for the opportunities. I haven't sought them out, either. Which is really cool to me. The RU4 Children blog, and tonight - I'm getting to share with people that I've never met before. That don't know the first thing about me.

I told the crowd tonight that I'm 25 years and 302 days old and I know that because I keep a blog chronicling my life every day. As soon as I said it out loud I SO wished it were a joke. I think the kids did, too.

It is really cool that I have a story to tell, though. I always prayed and asked God for a good story. I was a pretty dumb kid - that was before I knew that all good stories MUST have some sort of conflict. A story without conflict is boring. I have to remind myself that the hero normally wins, though. So, assuming my story is not a tragedy (it's not), the conflict will resolve. Just sayin'.

Thanks FUSE and Chris and Amber for letting me be a vessel tonight. It was awesome.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are what I call artsy and at least I gave you a little something to blog about and do you think at least one of them will make the November picture poll? I like the 2nd one. Mom

Post a Comment