Monday, July 5

168/365


168/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

I love this day! Independence Day is the best. I blame Sandlot for making me love Independence Day. And whoever decided that Ray Charles should sing "America, The Beautiful" is a genius.

Get ready for some pictures because I took a lot.

DSCF8398
I teased my hair for church. What's up y'all, I'm from Texas!!

(I put it in a ponytail.)

After church I ran home and cleaned my room, ate some lunch, put on some shorts, and drove to meet some fam for Toy Story 3. But they were sold out. But Chelsea and I decided to buy tickets to Eclipse and sneak in to Toy Story 3. We thought that was funny.

Anyone else just to want be alone and cry for an hour after that movie? It makes me happy to still have my Babysitter's Club Books and Hanson posters up in the attic. My equivalent of Woody and Buzz.

After the movie, the party started.

DSCF8405
Keane, his blue eyes, and Mimi.

DSCF8406
Chelsea, Lauren, and Amber in the back there. Hangin' at the chip/fruit bar.

DSCF8407
We are nothing if not patriotic!

DSCF8408
Momma really knows how to shape a patty.

DSCF8409
We took about ten of these and the chances of all of us looking at the camera...well, there are no chances.

DSCF8447
Jonah is a straight up champ at bubbles.

DSCF8456
Awesome! His shirt says "Closed for the season" over a picture of a brain. I asked him what it meant and he said..."Smart."

DSCF8463
Joel, Jonah, Uncle Robert/Poppy - climbing the fence to check out the pool wreckage that exploded down the yard.

DSCF8468
Maybe not the saftest thing? But cute! I love your matching outfits!

DSCF8471
Our pool pump was waaaaay down there.

DSCF8472
I bought Gracey a dress. It's mainly for laughs, not because I think dog's should wear clothes. It's funny! And I accidentally convinced Kasey it was her dress. She kept asking everyone why the dog was wearing her clothes.

DSCF8483
This was when Papa asked us to sing a patriotic song before dinner.

DSCF8485
YES! That cookie has a marshmallow inside of it. My Aunt Mary Alice is amazing.

DSCF8499
Yeah, you are!

DSCF8502
Black and Red and Blue stripes. Almost super flaggy.

168/365
We just needed a star! For eighteen years Rachel was the youngest cousin. Now it's Keane. Crazy, huh?

DSCF8507
Oh babyyyyyyy, I love you.

DSCF8508
Like a bird on a wire.

DSCF8515
Gracey basically freaked out when the fireworks started. She buried her face in my arm pit and wouldn't leave my lap.

What are we going to DO without each other for three months?!

DSCF8519
Cuties.

DSCF8520
Keane's first fireworks!

I suppose I should share some fireworks photos:

DSCF8530
Bam!

DSCF8540
Bam! Bam!

DSCF8563
And then we all blew up.

Then we came back to life and played Mario Party, and we still are playing Mario Party, and Lauren is INSANE when she plays this game.

It's a little strange that last year I spent this day in Central Park and ended it eating Brooklyn pizza on a pier in Red Hook, watching 10 different fireworks displays with Lady Liberty and an amazing sunset as a backdrop. And it was a normal day.

Guess you never can tell what a difference a year makes.

Unless, of course, you blog about it every day...

Happy 4th, ya'll!

0 comments:

Post a Comment