Monday, July 26

190/365


190/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

My mother's actual birthday is today. She's my number one reader, my number one commenter, and tied with Lauren for biggest fan of my blog. I think she's just biggest fan of me in general, actually. And I am biggest fan of her! I seriously have the best mother. My only complaint about her is that she loves me and my sisters and my dad so much that she wants us to go on and do whatever we want to do, but she won't let us go without making an impression. I am telling you - do not ever try to leave this woman. After four years of leaving her for Nashville and almost three years of leaving her for New York I finally gave up and came back home. She cries when you come home, too, only it feels a lot better than crying when you leave.

It's a blessed life when I complain about my mom loving me too much. Complain is really the wrong word, I know that. So let me try again...

I have no complaints!

Anyone who meets her will tell you she is one of the sweetest people on earth. She wants what is best for everyone around her and is quick to sacrifice if its for someone else's benefit. I know that the treasures she is laying up in heaven are busting out the seams. She's going to have a mighty fine feast some day.

But not any day soon because this is one young woman!

DSCF9288
Look at her dainty hands! Those dainty hands just devoured a loaf of bread, my friends.

I have really good looking parents. Man!

DSCF9290
She is a huge shrimp lover. She passed that down.

190/365
I bought her this top from Banana Republic so I made her model it. Earlier today we had lunch at Chipotle, ate truffles from Godiva, and went shopping at Target. Perfect day! I bought her lunch for her birthday and she bought me imodium for my trip! That's love.

Not that I'll need the imodium or any of the rest of the medicine cabinet I'll be travelling with...

DSCF9294
Do we look alike? Do you see it? Why am I shorter in this picture?

I reeeeeally want to look like my mom.

Lauren called mom from Ethiopia while we were in Target. She lit up. It was a short conversation, but I think it'll propel us on for awhile. For those of you wondering, Lauren is doing great, hasn't showered in a few days, and hasn't met any husbands. I'm not sure if she's adopted any babies, yet. I'll be sure to ask next time.

Mom...happy birthday!!! Next time, come to Kenya with me because I know you want to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom IS the best.

Tricia Gilchrist said...

Jane is definitely in my top 2 all time favorite moms.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brittany, you make me cry, you're so much fun to have as a daughter. And do I always hold my hands like that? And that loaf of bread was little, everyone. Thanks Tricia, you know you're my 4th daughter. And thanks anonymous up there!
Mom

Post a Comment