Saturday, July 31

195/365


195/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Today was pack day. I am taking three suitcases, one carry on and one purse with me on the plane. We're filling two third of the suitcases with our own things and one third with donated shoes for the kids. I think...I'm ready.

For dinner we went to Cheesecake Factory and I knew what I wanted to order but I just said, "I can't. I can't." But when the waiter came I looked at Rachel and she said, "Do it." And then I looked at my parents and said, "Sorry. You're going to have an obese daughter."

And after that meal, I'm ready for Swahili food. Or no food. Or a stomach pump.

I've been thinking about what is going to happen to my blog while I'm in Africa and I've come up with two rules:

1. I will try to update every day.

2. If I can't update every day, I will still take a photo a day and I will post it later.

Hope that works for everyone! I keep travel journals, so with that, plus a blog, plus a video camera, I should remember every detail of my three months in Kenya.

My flight leaves from DFW tomorrow at 5:30 PM. Please pray for our safety and for no flight trouble! Last year our flight was cancelled the day of. Thankfully my smart, wonderful friend, Ryan, was able to figure it out while I freaked out and got us on an even better flight. Still, I'd rather miss that stress this year.

Alright. That's it! I'm off for my final pre-jet lag sleep.

PS- July favorite photo poll will be delayed. I could set it up tonight but I don't know when I'll be able to monitor it. I will post it eventually, for those of you who look for it (Danielle, Tricia...I feel like I'm talking to you).

0 comments:

Post a Comment