Monday, July 12

175/365


175/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

You should know that I DID take a few pictures today. But I can't show you yet and you'll understand why tomorrow. So I'm not cheating, just circumventing.

I took these pictures yesterday, but I thought it'd be worthwhile to post them now that I'm home with my computer.

After some insane work, my mom and I sewed 22 aprons between us. We started out a bit outside of the Peach Festival. You have to pay to have a booth in there, but a friend of a friend let us set up and catch traffic going in and out at this cute little place:

DSCF8614

We had some people come by, but traffic was a little slow. So my dad scoped out the inside, made a few calls, asked a few bold questions, and a few hours later we found ourselves set up inside the Peach Festival:

DSCF8617
I'd like to thank Alison for pointing out the sign over our heads. That made my day! I'll believe it!

But honestly? Business was slow. Not just for us. For all of the vendors. People in this town are more...perusers. Although, they did enjoy peach ice cream and fried-whatever-I-can-get all day. But I don't blame them. Gotta eat...don't necessarily gotta cook. Or wear a t-shirt.

I sold five aprons...3 to her:

DSCF8616
My Mimi. She's awesome and I love her.

DSCF8621
We also got a good amount of donations and money from selling bottled water.

In the end, we walked out with about $235 a piece. I'm not complaining because I can just post these babies on my website and sell them to my amazing friends! And Amy isn't complaining because she made more money selling her t-shirts after church today than she did for six hours yesterday, weathering the heat and the rain.

DSCF8620

But we did receive a lot of encouragement yesterday. And we got to share our hearts with plenty of people. All in all I'd call that a great success.

If you'd like a shirt for $20, e-mail me! (brittanyrosewhite@gmail.com)
If you'd like an apron, look for a site update soon.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

don't sell yourself short, you sold 6!

Post a Comment