Thursday, December 2

318/365


318/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

I've already posted two pictures of Christmas trees and I'm sure this won't be the last. Today was the first day I listened to Christmas music because I wanted to and it probably won't really feel like Christmas until we get our tree and our house decorated, but I'm getting there.

About Christmas music. Some people don't like new Christmas songs. They only like the old traditional ones. I get that. But I disagree. There are so many Christmas/winter songs that were written in the last few years that I just love so much. And it makes so much sense to me! Christmas Day represents the most inspiring thing that ever happened: God becoming a man. I know not everyone is inspired by that. For some it's the joy of the season, but for me, Jesus most definitely is the joy of the season.

Anyway, I think I'll share some of those songs that I like. This song isn't about joy at all, actually. But I love it so much. It's so beautiful and sad. Christmas is hard on a lot of people - I think it's probably hard on everyone, really. To some degree.

I'm thinkin' bout years gone by
I'm thinkin' bout church at midnight
I'm thinkin' bout letting go
I think that might finally be alright

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,

We just discovered Brandi Carlile a few days ago! Love her.

Monica

Post a Comment