Monday, December 27

343/365


343/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Today I discovered that it is never too late for gingerbread houses.

Mom and I woke up (late) this morning and drove to Tulsa for a quick visit with her side of the family. We had a nice little road trip together, including a stop at our favoritest hick Wal Mart ever, where I parked next to a truck with this license plate:
IMG_1757

IMG_1759
Mom and I decided not to talk about it, but let me just say...do not use the restrooms in this Wal Mart. The sights and smells (and SOUNDS!) are too much too handle.

Moving on.

Tulsa!

IMG_1763
Have you ever had a deep fried turkey? You need to. My uncle made this and it was still crackling and sizzling when I took this picture.

We told them not to make a big deal out dinner, but I'm glad they ignored us.

Along with the turkey was this:
IMG_1764

And this:
DSCF3378
Affectionately called "Christmas in a cup". It's made with homemade cranberry-infused vodka. Nice call, Aunt Sherry!

IMG_1767
Christmas never has to end!

But maybe it should because I really need to stop feeling so full.

No fear, there was plenty of exercise time today! This counts:
IMG_1776
I'm trying to show you my new hat.

IMG_1777
It's not always that comfortable.

IMG_1768
But it is SUUUUPER good lookin'.

One cool thing that we like to do is buy gingerbread house sets after Christmas for $4.50 and hick Wal Marts in Oklahoma. The kids love it!

DSCF3380
Carson's got a little candy heavy and he had to reassemble it.

DSCF3381
Cooper kept sneaking gum drops in his mouth.

DSCF3382
Kristen piped out her initials!

DSCF3383
And Madison was a big sprinkles fan.

343/365
I slapped one together, too.

DSCF3392
So here are all the kids with their houses!

And...

DSCF3394
Here are all the kids with their houses!

I actually look like a child. I'm not even smiling an ironic smile like, "Oh look at me! I made a gingerbread house with the kids like I'm one of them *wink wink*!" Nope. None of that. I'm not ironic and I'm not funny.

DSCF3400
So the best part of building a gingerbread house...

DSCF3401
Is the eating part.

DSCF3402
You could take your time, go slowly.

DSCF3404
Or you could take a cue from your wise older brother...

DSCF3406
And devour the roof in one bite. Bravo, boys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment