Thursday, February 11

25/365


25/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Look! It's a tree inside of that melting snow drop! Isn't that neat?

Today Mother Nature saved you from looking at another photo of my dinner. It snowed! And it's still going. It's coming down in big, fat, wet flakes. So far it's 6 inches. Texas is going into a frenzy.

I knew that I had to get out there, if only to take a few pictures. Other than that, I've been happy staying inside, eating soup, and nursing my sore throat and headache. It's kind of nice to be in a place with a lot of snow but no amazing parks down the street. The front yard isn't exactly Prospect Park. So I don't really feel obligated to spend a lot of time out there!

Except that I did feel obligated to let my dog experience it. So I pulled my coat out of a bag and threw on my snow boots, all for the sake of Gracey. I love this dog. I don't think I love all dogs, but I love this dog. It's a wonder she isn't making an appearance until day 25.


Texas Snow Day

What is this?


Texas Snow Day

Are you sure about this?


Texas Snow Day

Seriously. I'm confused. We aren't getting in the car?


Texas Snow Day

Fine. I really gotta pee.


Texas Snow Day

Brittany!


Texas Snow Day

I love you. (I love you too, Gracey!)


Texas Snow Day

Please play with me? (She's super cute.)


Texas Snow Day

Wait, I have to do something first.


Texas Snow Day

Stand here and look awesome.


Texas Snow Day

And get you this rose.


Anyway. Here are my feet in the snow today.

Texas Snow Day


And here are my feet in the snow in Brooklyn in April 2008.

Brooklyn Snow Day

It was a little less wet, a little more accumulation.


And here is the view from our porch. My little car doesn't know what hit him. But the last thing that hit him was my sister's car, so I'm sure the snow it a pleasant surprise.

Sidenote: even though I just did it, one of my pet peeves is giving life to inanimate objects or places. Example 1: Dear Texas, what's with this weather? Example 2: Dear Ice Cream, you bring me so much joy. But why do you stick to my thighs?

I don't know. It just bothers me.

Back to the photo:

Texas Snow Day


Happy Snow Day, Texas! (Okay - I guess sometimes you just can't avoid it.)

3 comments:

Danielle Landy said...

this post reminds me of Pioneer Woman with all the pictures of Gracie. If Pioneer Woman wrote this it would be Charlie in those pictures

Brittany White said...

see, I think that's why I'm not an all around dog lover. charlie? eh. but - I will take that as a compliment! I should have thrown a stick of butter in the snow. then I'd have really channelled her.

Alison said...

Love that tree photo! Awesome! And, wow, Texas, nice work with the snow.

Post a Comment