Sunday, February 21

35/365


35/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Here to complete my mini series of "things I got when I was born" is this lovely framed cross stich.

I pretty much always knew where this came from because my mom wrote this on the back:

DSCF4432

My Aunt Christine is the second-to-last born of the eleven children and she is really cool. My earliest memory of Christine is playing with her long fingernails. They were always so smooth and pretty and colorful! I was mesmerized by them. I thought she was so classy. Still do.

She's always been pretty crafty, as evidenced by this cross stich, and we've had a few little jaunts together. Mostly involving sugar, though. Not so much needles and thread.

Turns out Christine is still in the habit of giving precious gifts. When I was in New York, I received a few things in the mail from her two incredibly cute and smart boys. They were on my refrigerator for a long time...and I just couldn't throw them away.

I NEED THESE:
DSCF4433
Moon soap? I love moon soap!



DSCF4437
B's gotta dance sometimes.


And this is my favorite:
DSCF4441
CARSON! I WANT TO GIVE YOU A HUG, TOO! I'M POOR AND COLD AND LIVE IN A TINY APARTMENT AND RIDE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION WITH SMELLY, MEAN PEOPLE EVERY DAY!!

That's what I thought whenever I saw this on my fridge. Sometimes I needed a hug, and Carson is pretty awesome at hugs.

And how cool are mama and baby tigers?

Anyway, Christine is a lovely aunt with a lovely family and I love the gifts she's given me. Judging by the way things are going so far...I'll probably just keep them forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment