Tuesday, June 29

163/365


163/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

You guys won't believe what came in the mail.

First of all, this cute card:
DSCF8286

From one of my ex-New York roommates, Evie:
DSCF8287

In case you didn't get a good look, this is the title:
DSCF8272

Best title ever. I was already laughing and hadn't even opened the book.

Also, laughing that Evie thinks it's up my alley.

(Evie is married, by the way. She got married in a castle in Scotland, basically, and I'm pretty sure doves sang it looked so beautiful.)

I want to give you a tour and Evie, please let me know if this is illegal. I'll smudge some pictures or something.

A few chapter titles:
DSCF8274

DSCF8277

Who'd have thought you'd ever see the word "fugly" in a cookbook?

The recipe titles are partly clever, partly last minute. Most of the recipes are fairly simple, but I suppose if you're ready to eat your weight in broken heart, you aren't likely to bake chocolate croissants.

This one's cute:
DSCF8273

And so is this:
DSCF8276

This one's pretty sad:
DSCF8282

This one's pretty funny:
DSCF8283

And this one's pretty strange:
DSCF8278

I suppose you can only be witty and ironic for so long until something like this comes out:
DSCF8284

And honestly, she could have just shortened this to "I'm old and bitter...cookies":
DSCF8285

Hopefully it won't come to that.

So here's my plan...avoid the heartache and hard-heartedness and just enjoy the food!

You should check out Evie's blog, Bookilicious, if you haven't followed the link on my blog roll already. She's seriously got it going on!

1 comments:

Evangeline said...

I think the book's now out, so the photos should be fine. And I didn't think anything into the dating part of the book, I swear! You're just the first person I think of when I see yummy dessert recipes (I think it goes back to that amazing pumpkin roll you made not too long after I moved in...I'm still drooling over that).
You should check out her Facebook page - she's got some videos up, one of which blows the book's recipe titles out of the water.
Happy (emotional or not) baking! ;)

Post a Comment