Sunday, May 2

105/365


105/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Today was an awesome day. I got up and went to the store and cooked some lemon bars for dinner. Then I saw my old church buddies whom I love and adore and wish I could have more and more time with. Then I had lunch and walked around with my friend, Ryan. We went to my most favorite brunch place ever, affectionately referred to as "The Mimosa Place," but it kinda wasn't so top notch today. Mimosas were a little warm and it was hot and muggy. But I guess the food and drinks weren't so much the important thing.

The important thing about this trip is that I'm seeing my best friends, some of the most special people in the world to me, and I'm just jumping back in like I never left. I LOVE it. I love these people. They make me soar and stuff.

So after a chill afternoon - okay actually, it was HOT. Super hot and humid. Everyone says I brought Texas weather with me, but I didn't. Texas isn't like this. I haven't broken a sweat in Texas without trying to yet.

Anyway, chill as in couch and movie, after that, Nate, who is Alison's husband, who was one of my first roommates when I moved to Brooklyn, who now lives in the apartment below my old apartment, that Nate in that picture up there, started grilling hamburgers on the balcony. I'm not quite sure about my readership here, so I don't know who knows what, or who cares, but now everyone knows.

We had an awesome dinner and the weather had cooled down by then, so we sat outside and talked for a long time.

I just seriously, seriously love (the people in) New York.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to go back to Brooklyn!!
And aren't we supposed to vote for the April Favorite picture?
I want to vote!
I love you!

Love,
D

Post a Comment