Monday, May 31

134/365


134/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Today is Memorial Day, but we still had a birthday party. My beloved aunt Mary Alice, and my wonderful Papa. Two people I love and cherish lots and much. They are beautiful people and two of the most inspiring that I know. If you like me at all, I give them some of the credit for making them this way. If you don't like me, don't blame them. It's all my fault. Or yours. Why don't you like me?

DSCF7536
Papa has a great garden and he looks really cool in his hat. He has a tiny blueberry bush and I may have had the single best blueberry in the world today. He also has grapes growing wild and wants me to make them into jam. Yes, I will do that, sir!

DSCF7538
One of the White Family Traditions is to eat. Today, we ate a lot of chocolate. Starting with this s'more.

DSCF7545
And this cake that I made for Mary Alice. It's a love/hate cake. At first, everyone was looking at me with love in their eyes. By the second bite, I was getting death stares. It's that rich. That's what happens when the frosting is made up of 24 ounces of chocolate chips and 4 cups of whipping cream.

I had to close my eyes and pour. I'm telling you, I am the healthiest cook around on most days. But when it comes to chocolate, it's all or nothing.

Now this picture...
DSCF7534
was taken BEFORE the chocolate cake death.

Gracey is not fond of water. It's sad, but it's to our amusement. We love to do crazy things to her, the least of which is giving her a Target bag diaper during her time of the month. We want her to have puppies again...don't judge.

But I thought maybe we could get her to enjoy this raft. She loves to lay down just about anywhere, so why not here?

She did pretty good for awhile...but then she tried to jump out and Lauren barely grabbed her hind legs, at which point she swam like a mad dog towards me and clawed my stomach, shoulders, and back trying to get out. I bled a little...but boy was that FUNNY! Strange dog.

DSCF7535
Happy Summer, from our family to yours.

Just for kicks:

0 comments:

Post a Comment