Sunday, May 30

133/365


133/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Oh, how the garden grows!

Today we picked our first vegetables.

That squash is as big as Lauren!

DSCF7523
We're gonna be up to our ears in zucchini. Just the way I like it.

DSCF7527
And while I'm not a tomato fan at all, I can't help but admire how these guys are growing. Salsa, pasta sauce, ketchup...we'll find something to do with them. If my mom doesn't eat them all.

DSCF7529
Mom sauteed the squash and the zucchini with some peppers, onions, garlic, and olive oil. I'm all over this. It tasted amazing.

It's going to be a very delicious summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates on the garden, Brittany. I want to do something like this in our yard, maybe next summer. Ya'll have some green thumbs...

Monica

Anonymous said...

That squash makes Lauren look so tiny! Why didn't you get me in the background?
Monica, it really has been very easy. Grass grew very well on that side of the house so we figured food would too.
Mom

Post a Comment