Tuesday, May 25

127/365


127/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

I took a lot of pictures today.

I normally wake up with plenty of plans for the day and then find myself in completely different situations. I haven't allowed myself to do much but sew the last few weeks, but today I did get in the pool for ten minutes (seriously) and bake some bagels this morning. And I did go to three different snocone stands after dinner.

DSCF7301
A much more sufficient puff than last time! The flavor was just like a plain bagel. Not as tasty as the others, but texture was perfect.

DSCF7306
There are swirlies in our garden!

127/365
It's fascinating.

DSCF7312
I bought flowers and key limes and Central Market a few days ago.

DSCF7317
Something in me has awakened and I love plants. Growing them, looking at them, and eating them. Of course, the eating part isn't new.

DSCF7319
It was another beautiful sky tonight. I can't get over it!

Our mission was to try the three different local snocone stands and determine the best based on taste, atmosphere and friendliness of staff.

DSCF7324
First up was Granny's. Good for tiny ice, bad for atmosphere.

DSCF7327
Next, Bud's. The one I grew up going to.

DSCF7335
I love that yellow snocone light! That's Audra, Lauren's friend. She enjoys banana snocones and maybe bubble gum, too.

DSCF7336
Bud's wins for having free doggy snocones!!

DSCF7345
And finally, Bedford Snoball. Pretty much the local favorite. Gracey looks eager, but she didn't get anything this time.

DSCF7351
Lauren loved the fifty cent tiny cups! We were pretty full on snocones by this point.


I think we all agreed on Bedford as the best in all categories. Tough call since I liked Granny's ice best and the nostalgia at Bud's, but something just feels good about Bedford.

DSCF7352
It just looks like summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment