Sunday, May 23

125/365


125/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

5K! 5K! 5K!

Pancakes! Pancakes! Pancakes!

That was my morning.

Rachel couldn't run because she had to work and she's been sick, but the four of us kicked some asphalt at 8:30 this morning.

My time was 29:10 which is at least 4 minutes faster than any other official recorded times in the history of me. I got 12th place out of 30 or so. Better than half! Better than half.

Dad was close behind, then Lauren, then mom. Mom! She did so good. I ran back to meet her and boy, she started sprinting at the end. I could barely keep up with her.

DSCF7247
I'm so proud of us.

DSCF7236
I think I'm addicted.

I've been very adverse to running ever since the half marathon I ran senior year of college.

No friends. No music. No place to go to the bathroom. Okay, that's a lie. But it's better than the real story. And no lungs to breathe with. That's a lie, too. They were there, just faulty.

DSCF7249
My parents are so strong and healthy! And they're getting stronger and healthier!

And guess who ELSE is strong and healthy?

DSCF7238
Keane is! His daddy ran with us. He beat us all. Settin' the pace for his son.

I went out in public like that. And I was sweaty in interesting areas. I'm sorry, everyone.

DSCF7240
Some people think dad and Keane look alike. If I have a son, I hope he looks like my dad. Dad was a cute kid!

Oh and guess WHO ELSE is strong and healthy??

Grover! And he's asleep down the hall with his parents. I haven't seen him yet, but tomorrow...I'm getting my hands all over those chunky legs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment