Friday, September 3

228/365


228/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

We attended another wedding today. The only pictures that I got were pretty terrible so I decided to use this one as the best display of the fashion. Pretty much, you wear whatever you want and no one cares.

The groom was our friend DJ Krowbar. He's somewhat of a celebrity here in Kenya and he's been DJing for the Count Me In camp the last two years. He is amazing! He can scratch with his chin! Faustin told us he had his ceremony at 11:00 AM on a Friday to avoid big crowds because in Kenya, you come to a wedding if you're invited or if you aren't. There were a lot of people at the ceremony but by reception time there were easily 1,000 people there.

This ceremony was a bit shorter than the last - about an hour. I'm happy to have been to two weddings here because now I can tell what is traditional and what is just...different. Strange. Weird. I think my biggest culture shock so far are these weddings. But it's so fun to see! I even joined in with some of the "aye-aye-aye-aye!" cheering after the couple exchanged vows. I'm becoming more Kenyan every day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment