Sunday, September 19

243/365


243/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

On Thursday we were told that we'd be speaking in front of six or seven hundred girls Sunday morning. We'd be picked up at 9 AM.

Mmmk. Cool.

We didn't know what to talk about until the car ride over. We also didn't know until 8:30 AM that we were supposed to be at the school at 9 AM...not picked up at 9 AM. These things happen often. We are trying to be so very un-American and just roll with it.

The girls all go to a boarding school in Nairobi not too far from the apartment. We were the guests at their chapel service and we were supposed to share 5-10 minute testimonies on God's timing in our lives. When we got there the girls led worship with a drum and a mic. And it was AMAZING. I took so much video and I can't wait to share that. They were so fun to watch. They were also so fun to speak to. They laughed, they whooped, they ooo'd, they ahh'd. Perfect little...large....audience.

Pastor Chola said they can really relate to things like boys right now. So I mentioned boys. And boyfriends. I gave shout outs to all my high school boyfriends (thanks, guys), and they were EXCITED to hear about boys. I walked up there, Amy too, with nothing but a scripture to guide us. She spoke out of Isaiah, I spoke about Psalm 27:14 - about waiting and hoping with expectancy. I shared how God had applied that in my life with school, career, relationships, travel, etc. It's sort of a rush to stand up in front of that many people and have no clue what you're about to say. But God said if we open our mouths He will fill them. I really love that because I'm not good at filling my own mouth.

That doesn't sound right.

DSCF1960
"Blah blah blah....BOYS....blah blah blah....BOYS!"

So...maybe I played to the crowd just a little bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment