Friday, September 17

241/365


241/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Today we went out to KKV to do a little tutoring, had some lunch, watched them try to wrestle the kids to make a thank you video for Gateway Church's recent donation, and we went to the gym. I decided to run a 10k. That's 6.4 miles. I was feeling so good today! Not like Tuesday. I'd like to forget those 2 hours of torture. I finished today in one hour and four minutes which is not bad considering I'm me.

There is a screen attached to the treadmill and normally I just leave it on and listen to music. I can watch news (no), random movies (sometimes), cartoons (old school Fantastic Four and Iron man on today), or the Christian station. Today I landed on the Christian station and watched a guy talk about a book he wrote called Hipster Christianity. I had my music on the entire time so I don't know what he said, but I'm intrigued by the title. Could possibly make me laugh...I'm looking up the site right now. Feel like that's something Misti Gillen might be interested in? We like making fun of hipsters. Sorry. It's out of love. Texans generally don't know what hipsters are, I've found. Sorry again if it's over your head. (But I can't wait to take this quiz and find out if I'M a Christian hipster! Side note - Misti, I'm taking it now and you will DIE, it's pretty great.)

The point is, the ads here will often feature a misspelling. Today I saw a sign that said "No Parkinng" on the gate of a nice apartment complex. I've seen many errors on the TV stations, but today was my favorite.

On the Christian channel, mind you, a man was speaking over text that said, "THAT WITCH MUST DIE". I must assume he meant "which" and was discussing how Christians must die to ourselves and our own personal wants in order to truly live.

Or maybe he meant the witch needs to die? All I know is it was big ole letters and it threatened to ruin my run as I keeled over in laughter.

At the end of our workout the winds started changing and we could feel it coming through from the windows. Then it started pouring! It felt amazing to have that breeze come in at the end of my run. I took this picture while Amy and I were enjoying chai and lattes downstairs at Java while we waited for the rain to pass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment