Monday, September 6

231/365


231/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Today was our first day at King's Kids Village and I just love it there! Amy and I are going to be helping teach there on Mondays and Fridays. School doesn't actually start until tomorrow, so today all we did was "rub" books. The students re-use work books, so they go back and erase all the answers that the previous student had filled out. It's actually quite the arm work out.

We also saw their bunny rabbits. I debated on what picture to show for the longest time: group of us erasing, me with rabbit, kid with rabbit, picture that kid took of someone erasing, picture of kid throwing rabbit by the ears...

I decided on this one. He's Joe and he's one of the twins who was adopted by the Sterns, the family from Illinois who started KKV. I'll tell you more about that another day.

So they bought a pregnant bunny that's pretty huge and she had six babies. They haven't named them but they love them, feed them, kiss them, hold them...I asked if they planned to sell them. They don't. They plan to eat them.

I mean, I don't know if I could eat a rabbit I was emotionally attached to. Kids are pretty strong these days.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would be a teacher some day! Wish I could send you some school supplies for the kids.
Mom

Post a Comment