Saturday, September 4

229/365


229/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Left over but not for long.

Do you expect something like this to last more than 24 hours in my kitchen? You must not know me.

Today was pretty great. Amy and I got our butt's kicked at the gym by JACK who is JACKED. Clever. He made me kick his leg and punch his hand and it was like hitting asphalt after being knocked off a bike. Jack must have known my plans for dinner that night and wanted to punish me for even thinking about words like "cream cheese" and "sugar" and "indulge".

After the gym we walked to the store and then to the butcher where I was greeted with a new gross smell. But I still bought meat there.

Then we went to the market for cheap vegetables.

And then we came back and we cooked and slaved away and showered and finally sat down around six. Tired and hungry.

Kevin and Faustin came over with their girlfriends, Esther and Judy, and they feasted on our feast of American comfort food: BBQ meatballs, mashed potatoes, sauteed red pepper, zucchini, and carrots, and garlic bread. With cheesecake squares taking the win for most awesome food of the day. We decided to watch a movie since we couldn't move (actually, not going to lie - I didn't overeat at all tonight - it's because I'm scared of Jack).

The weather was beautiful today. Sunny and 70s. Then after I showered the wind chimes started ringing and it rained. And it was so beautiful. Apparently it caused a 5-hour traffic jam in the city, but to me, it was an oasis of beauty.

Now I need to go to bed so that it can hurry up and be time for me to eat leftovers. Mashed potatoes for breakfast!

3 comments:

Bitterroot Mama said...

Yummy! Do you have a recipe of the cheesecake squares to share?

Brittany White said...

Hi! Definitely! For the cheesecake part, I used Bakerella's recipe: http://www.bakerella.com/cheesecake-bars/

Instead of the Biscoff cookies, I used really crumbly shortbread cookies and butter. No extra sugar. I just eyeballed the cookie to butter ratio and made a pretty thick crust. Since good chocolate is not easy to find here, I cut up Twix bars to put on top. I didn't know how that would go over but I actually liked it so much that I don't think I'd do the ganache even if I had the ingredients!

Bitterroot Mama said...

Thanks! Can't wait to try it!

Post a Comment