Sunday, April 4

77/365


77/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Wow, what a day. I am stuffed and exhausted but blessed and exhilarated.

I was so happy to be home with my family for Easter this year. I can't say we have too many traditions - just try to get as many of us in the same place as possible and eat. And go to church, of course. We celebrate in an ultimate victory this day and every day!

For the after church part we were invited to an awesome house in an awesome part of Texas. Everyone I didn't know was amazingly sweet and were kind enough not to freak out when all the members of the White family were first in line to eat.

I took a lot of pictures. I couldn't decide my favorite since most of these made me feel like an amateur Pioneer Woman, but those are some cute colts up there.

If you like more pictures than words, you should enjoy this:

DSCF6046
Isn't it beautiful?

DSCF5740
We drove up and Papa was all set up with his fishing pole. I've never been able to take the fish off the hook myself. Freaks me out. So that's a new goal of mine because I need to be more hardcore.

DSCF5764
First thing's first: stare and smile at and smell Keane.

DSCF5761
Such a pretty family.

DSCF5753
Look at him stretch!

DSCF6058
This house is SO so sooooo cool.

DSCF5782
Next up: eat. There was a lotta meat. I took a picture with meat bones in my mouth but no matter how I edited it, I could not figure out a way to post it here and feel okay about it. So here it is pre-eat.

DSCF5786
Here we have a lovely deviled egg resting against a rib resting on some green bean casserole with a side of red pepper piece.

DSCF5795
And there you have my Mimi bein' her lovely self.

DSCF5801
Joel felt like he needed a good stretch after that meal.

DSCF5810
I made the cookies last night. Dozens and dozens of them. Can't wait to share the results tomorrow (warning: avoid this place at all costs if you're hungry and/or have a major sweet tooth like me).

DSCF5798
That's a Texas Easter basket.

DSCF5755
Mimi gave us an awesome Easter gift that she called just a "dainty little thang."

DSCF5861
After lunch we played some croquet.

DSCF5843
Chris and Lauren came in first. Jesse and I came in last. But Jesse was the best partner EVER! I don't know any one more positive than him. Every time I hit the ball and inevitably let out an "EEEERGJGHHHHAHAHAAAAAPFFFT" he'd say, "Hey! It's okay, Just wait. It's not over yet!" and then he'd get this gleam in his eye like he really believed he could win with a partner like me.

DSCF5853
Mimi watched us play croquet but then she realized she was too fabulous for such a simple lawn game so she grabbed her Neiman Marcus hat and headed back towards the house.

DSCF5874
I got REALLY excited when this happened. All I wanted all day was for one of those balls to go into the pond. I was about to wade in there myself but Uncle Jay did the sensible thing and used his fish stick.

DSCF5879
There is an enchanted forest behind the house which I think is pretty cool.

After losing that game we jumped in one of those Mules to visit some animals.

DSCF5884
Lauren was pretty. Lauren was excited. Lauren was pretty excited!

DSCF5897
Llamas! There were about five of them. I can't remember all of their names but I do know there was a John McCain, a Barack Obama, a Sarah Palin, and an Eminem.

DSCF5902
I was distracted by the farm equipment. Can we use this for our garden?

DSCF5906
I can't resist the macro setting.

DSCF5909
You can't visit a farm without seeing one of these.

DSCF5916
Babe and barbed wire.

DSCF5919
She coulda been a country girl.

DSCF5926
We rode a bit further down the road to visit an old friend.

DSCF5981
This is Shrek. Shrek used to live with my grandparents!

DSCF6007
Mimi left her hat in the truck to go see Shrek.

DSCF5968
And also, there were horses.

DSCF5984
And baby horses.

77/365
Hugging baby horses.

DSCF6003
I liked it there.

DSCF5964
Momma horse. Baby horse.

DSCF5995
Thank you, Jesus.

DSCF6000
Horse eating back there. Really, I love that macro.

DSCF6009
We also made some dog friends. This was my favorite dog friend.

DSCF6015
Hello! We have to leave, isn't that sad?

DSCF6013
You probably really like my dad, but he's gotta go now. You just stay here with Shrek and the horses.

DSCF6023
Or...

DSCF6021 DSCF6019
DSCF6020 DSCF6022
You could chase us...

DSCF6031
Until you're a little tiny blur in the distance.

So sad.

DSCF5816
Of course, there are other dogs.

DSCF5852
Here's another one now!

DSCF6050
What's up, buddy?

DSCF6053
This little guy greeted us as soon as we pulled back up to the house.

DSCF6055
Such a friendly dog.

DSCF6076
But, oh! What a turn of events! The prodigal dog return home! Only, not to such open arms from his dog brother. They duked it out for our love.

DSCF6066
Okay, back to some cute people.

DSCF5831
SIKE! Look at THIS animal!

DSCF5835
This bird is named Cutter. Came right out of that cage and stared straight into my soul.

DSCF5841
Alright for real, no more animals. Here is Keane with Amber's lovely parents! Keane's grandparents. He's blessed, that's for sure.

And finally, I'm sure you're ALL wondering what dresses we ended up wearing for church. We chickened out on buying the same print but decided to go for same style, different print:

DSCF5728
And I wore 4" heals.

DSCF5731
One more. Rachel didn't look happy in this one. I think she was ready to put her jeans on and throw a frisbee. But Lauren and I had a brief moment and I really like this picture since I love her and I mean, I'm just posting a million pictures right now so what's one more?

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I wish I could have spent it with every one of you.

Now I just really need to take my contacts out before my eyeballs dry off.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I highly doubt it was Eminem, but rather "M&M". Just a guess. And for some reason I laughed a lot at the prodigal dog comment. That's funny. And the comment about Jesse was exactly how Chris was with me! They're so nice. Also I loved what you said about Mimi, and the picture of the truck and the hat. And I looked high in the last two pictures. But thanks for dedicating a picture to me and how much you love me. I love you too.

Okay I just really liked this post. I can't wait for tomorrows!

Anonymous said...

I know you worked hard on this post! I'm going to list my favs like Lauren did. I liked the one of your Papa fishing, Lauren's country girl look and all the colts with the mama horses. And I like the one with Mimi's hat in the truck. Such contrast!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I liked the mention of Jay's "fish stick"!
Mom

Anonymous said...

when it comes to picking a favorite for April its going to be tough, there are so many good ones! And I'm so excited for the cookie contest entry!

Love,
DLandy

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture of Papa fishing because i've been right there with him so many times. I just know he is saying, how could that fishing line get so tangled up but at the same time be loving every minute. Also, any of the pictures of the colts with their moms. And any pictures of my girls, that includes mom.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG
-xtine

Post a Comment