Thursday, April 8

81/365


81/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Our front yard will never win any awards but I tell you what, our roses bloom perfectly every year.

I used to think roses were lame because my middle name is Rose. I love my middle name (from my grandmother, Rosemary) - don't get me wrong. I just used to think "Oh gosh, everyone is going to think I love roses since my name is rose and people are probably going to buy me roses ALL the time that is SO annoying!"

I told that to someone once and he said, "Well, I guess the person that really knows you will buy you daisies."

You want to know what? Turns out I was pretty full of myself. I don't know if I've received a rose or a daisy since high school. I mean, the last time I got roses I was so embarrassed and annoyed that I let them sit in my trunk for months - literally. And did you know that eventually roses can smell BAD? My tunk smelled like junk. There was junk in my trunk.

I think I've grown up a little since then. I'm not asking anyone to buy me roses, I'm just saying, if anyone did...maybe I'd at least have the courage to leave them in the front seat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment