Thursday, April 22

95/365


95/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Remember that random day I got crafty and decided to paint some frilly chandelier things on a big gray thing?

That painting sat on my floor...along with some clean and dirty clothes...until today. I'm embarrassed to admit it.

But I have my reasons. I wanted to hang the canvas next to these three frames I bought at Ikea during the Austin trip. Only, I couldn't decide what to put in the frames.

First I thought black and white. Then I thought blue. Then I thought yellow.

Finally, I got so tired of waiting, I decided to print some photos of flowers I took in Africa the first time around. Real quick: my computer fell off a top bunk shortly after I moved to New York, taking with it the thousands of pictures I'd taken from my first trip to Africa a few months prior. It's the reason I have credit card debt. Apple employees convinced me to buy a new one, saying old one was dead. Years later, we get it refurbished for my dad. ALL MY OLD PICTURES AND DOCUMENTS ARE STILL THERE. I actually found that out the day Knox was born. SAD because I could have saved money. HAPPY because I have visuals for my memories.

Anyway, this picture is from that trip. I decided to alter the colors to fit all the random moods I had in the process:

DSCF6470

I'm still not convinced. It's okay, but it's not quite there. If anyone has an eye for design, give me some tips.

Ooooh how about some pillows that compliment the wall scheme? Or just taking away the blue pillow? I love that pillow, though. Maybe once I get my bigger bed this will work better?

I'm rattling now. My eyes are crossing. I gotta stop posting so late. G'night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment