Saturday, April 10

82/365


82/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

Tonight I saw Jonny Lang. He is one of my favorite musicians ever and he happened to be playing for free in downtown Fort Worth during the art festival. Well, my awesome uncle Robert saved us some amazing seats right up front and I got to see one of the most talented musicians out there up close and personal.

DSCF6181

He is a passionate guy. And he worships while he plays the blues. But it's like, the blues with a hopeful message. He asks a crowd full of beer chugging Texans if they're "drinking too much" and they sing along - and maybe they realize the irony? But I love him because he knows how life changing real love can be and he's bold about it. You must read this. It's one of the most powerful stories I've ever heard.

DSCF6175

He played a lot of my favorites. And it took him 30 minutes to get through the first three. So many amazing guitar solos.

Here is one of my favorite moments. He was flat out preachin' in "Red Light" and wow. Can he sing. And wow. Can he play.



The night ended with a long awesome conversation with my cousin, Chelsea, in her car. We had to find my car. I was looking in the wrong garage. I told her Fort Worth intimidates me more than New York because I have to park some where! That's intimidating!

Anyway, I am tired. This entry is late. I love Jonny Lang. I recognized his keyboardist from Belmont. Yada, yada, yada...goodnight.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If i knew your favorite Uncle was going to be there then your favorite Dad would have been there! Wow looks like i missed a great concert. His story is amazing. Thank you for coming home! I really love you

Post a Comment