Friday, April 2

75/365


75/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

If you follow me on Twitter, you've already seen this picture. I didn't take it with any intention of putting it on my blog, believe me, but I was thinking about it...and I think this picture is a better uhhh snapshot of my day than the pictures of dirt in our backyard that I just took.

It won't be in my top 10 at the end of the month (check out last month's winner over on the right!) but anyway. Here's the scoop.

I decided to do my laundry this morning. Only the second time I've done my laundry since I moved home in December. I'm not dirty - just resourceful.

So I went to search for something to work-out in and the pickings were slim. First, the Where's Waldo socks. And then those neon pink shorts. I take after my dad, I guess.

Finally, that shirt. I remember the day I got that shirt. I started playing softball in third grade and I LOVED it. My dad played on a church team and for the longest time I'd tag along to his games and head straight for the playground. But one day I stayed and watched the game. And somehow, without any previous knowledge of the sport, I was enthralled.

I remember one particular game where I was sitting next to my mother, young and naive, happy and free. Mom decided it was time I grew up so she leaned over to me, pointed to the umpire behind home plate and said, "Look, Brittany, it's a Pat." Well. I didn't know what that meant. I figured the ump's name was Pat, so I asked her if the ump's name was Pat. She said, "No. 'Pat' means I don't know if its a boy or a girl."

The joke must have fell flat then, but it freakin' cracks me up now. I hope I say stupid stuff like that to my kids.

So eventually my parents let me sign up for softball. After I lost my baton and had to quit baton. I cried, but it's probably the best thing to ever happen to me. Gosh, what a DORK I would have been!

One Sunday there were some people at church selling these t-shirts, and because Christ WAS my life and everything else WAS softball and my BIGGEST dream was playing softball in the olympics (possibly another scary future I've avoided - I coulda been a Pat myself - not that there's anything wrong with that...) - I had to have one of those shirts.

At the time, my daddy gave me anything that I wanted. So he got me this shirt and I loved it. But, it stayed behind when I went to college. And it stayed behind when I moved to New York.

But today, when I was in great need, this shirt was there for me. This lovely, 17-year-old shirt. All broken in and awesome.

I also mentioned on Twitter that my hair just might be 3 days old.

But I don't think you need me to expand on that one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment