Tuesday, April 13

86/365


86/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

A few things I learned in elementary school:

The Texas State colors are red, white, and blue.

Six flags have flown over Texas.

Texas' nickname is The Lone Star State.

The Texas State animals are the longhorn and the armadillo.

The Texas State tree is the pecan tree.

And the Texas State flower is the bluebonnet.

Every year these things bloom on the side of the highways. They normally grow next to indian paintbrushes and it makes for a lovely drive home.

I've seen bluebonnets in flower beds before. Never, however, have I seen them cover a yard like this:

DSCF6360

Interesting. Very interesting.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love me some bluebonnets! I know I'm not allowed to take them but I want to all the time, they would look so pretty indoors as well.

I hope to be seeing you soon!

Love,
D

Post a Comment