Thursday, April 15

88/365


88/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

It's been awhile since I shared with you what I eat (ahem).

I decided to cook up a few things I've had on my radar for awhile. That pretty much took up my afternoon.

First this "healthier" mac n cheese. It has cottage cheese in addition to cheddar, a layer of spinach and whole wheat pasta. It was pretty great. I added some bacon on top because bacon makes everything better. Even if it's turkey bacon.

Then I really had a craving for sloppy joes. I don't have a recipe for those, per se, but here's what I did: cook some onion and garlic in some olive oil and add a pound of meat. Then add about a cup of ketchup and about a cup of tomato sauce. Also some sloppy joe seasoning and a tablespoon of garlic powder. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Then add a can of diced tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.

We didn't have any buns and I didn't feel like going to the store (shocker!) so I decided to make some. I googled "whole wheat hamburger buns" and pretty much picked the first one that came up. I followed all the instructions but added 4 teaspoons of vital wheat gluten. I made the buns kinda small, but I think we ended up liking them that way. Here is the recipe I used.

Plus cauliflower and salad, my tummy is fully satisfied.

I'll try to come up with something more interesting than dinner tomorrow. But it was a gooood dinner so I'm not makin' too many apologies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment