Sunday, April 11

84/365


84/365, originally uploaded by britrosewhite.

I think I'm confused. I've been housesitting for a few days and I've been all over the place. Feels like I should be in a different place anywhere I go. I've gotten out of whatever strange routine I was in and I'm all discombobulated. I kinda think that's 'cause I worked out less and ate more cookies than the average week and I really just want to read and nap. But I also really want to work in our garden and go for a run. Rest-work-rest-work...what do I do?

So that is where I'm at. Right now I'm going to show you some random moments from the day. This post will probably be as discombobulated as I feel.

This morning's church service was phenomenal. I am so excited to be at Convergence right now. I think it was one of the first times that I was sitting in church but it didn't feel like church. I mean, I've felt that many times today, but today I was able to sort of put my finger on what it DID feel like: a movement. Felt like I was apart of something really exciting. I feel very privileged. I saw glimpses of things and felt glimpses of feelings that I just can't wait to see fleshed out completely. Ahh!! How do you explain?

All I know is, it's good.

After church some of my family went to eat at an upscale Mexican place called Gloria's in Montgomery Plaza in downtown Fort Worth that I didn't know existed (bad sentence alert). There are a lot of things here that I didn't know existed. And downtown Fort Worth is cool. Really cool. It isn't flashy or extremely bustling, but I like it.

I decided to order Salvadorian food because what is that like?! I wanted to know.

DSCF6235
Fried plantains, chicken in awesome sauce, black beans, black rice, yucca, and some kind of sausage.

DSCF6240
Rachel and I shared a bottle of pomegranate green tea.

By the way, if you want to know why I take pictures of food before I eat it, read this.

Keane was at lunch with us. By now you should know that I just cannot resist myself.

DSCF6297

DSCF6249

DSCF6273

Fifty or sixty shots later...

DSCF6285
A smile! Actually, more like a smug grin. I'd be smug if I were him, too. He's cute and he knows it.

After lunch we moved on over the the Fort Worth Main Street Arts Festival. There were crowds and street food. Felt like a regular weekend in Brooklyn.

DSCF6324
Sculpture garden.

DSCF6335
Mom likes this one. I actually posed for that statue, so that's a little weird.

DSCF6337
I liked this huge type writer.

84/365
These are the buttons. How many reflections can you spot?

DSCF6302
I think I've decided that one of my favorite forms of art is mixed media.

DSCF6310
Especially Americana-ish country-ish mixed media like this. I could have bought absolutely anything from this artist.

DSCF6312
I loved it all.

DSCF6315
I loved it when mom said, "Some people are just TOO creative" right in front of the artist.

DSCF6314
I loved the birds. Oh, the birds.

DSCF6313
I loved the artist's signature.

For you Nashvillians, he'll be at the East Nashville Arts Fest in May! You know he'll be makin' some sells there. Check out his website and his Etsy shop.

All in all, it was an inspiring day.

But I still just kinda want to read and nap.

Oh, the troubled life I lead.

Before I sign off, I'd like to wish a very special happy birthday to my aunt, Christine. Christine, I don't have any cute, unearthed baby pictures of you but you can bet that if I did, I'd post them for the world to see. And if I lived close to you, I'd make you a cute fondant cake for show but I'd have something really gooey and sugary and chocolatey behind the curtain. And it would be ugly and delicious. Happy birthday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MAN. This post made me miss home. I teared up at the picture of Dad kissing Keane. Most adorable picture ever!! And I love the picture of mom and the statue, and your comment. And that she insulted the artist, haha. I can hear her saying that. And that pomegranate tea looked so good! I don't even like green tea. I hope you got the bird thing, it would look great in our future kitchen. The meal doesn't exactly look like something up my ally..but for the sake of advancing my taste buds I would have tried it. Tell me more about church!

Sorry for being so long and random. But I know you looove to hear my thoughts. I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU A LOT.

Bid Me Wings said...

I wrote about this guy too! His art is incredible...I'm glad you got to see it in person. I'm looking forward to the east nashville art fest!

Post a Comment